Planning Drawings for SolidLox Standard Range of Barn End Roof Carports
When required, the process of obtaining planning and building regulations approval can be a daunting task for many of our customers. To help make the task easier we have produced affordable Drawings for our STANDARD Barn End Roof Carports.
PLEASE NOTE: These drawings are for our range of STANDARD Carport kits you see on this site. Drawings for Bespoke and Modified designs can also be supplied starting from £350 (inc VAT). Please call for further details.
What you will Receive
You will receive an electronic PDF version of Plan & Elevation Drawings that can be used as part of your Planning Submission as local authorities accept PDF files. The drawings are also sufficiently detailed to be used as part of your submission to Building Control for Building Regulations approval.
In addition you will also receive 3 hard copies at A3 size in the post – usually posted within a few days of receipt of your PDF copy.
Your Planning drawings will usually be delivered within 5 – 7 working days.
Planning/Building Regs Application Advice
In addition to drawings of the structure itself, Planning and Building Regulation applications will / may also require the following:
- Site Location Plan (usually 1:1,250 scale, showing at least 2 road names – or 6-figure OS map reference in isolated locations – plot boundary outlined in red and additional land in the applicant’s control outlined in blue).
- Site Layout Plan (usually 1:500 scale, showing the location of the proposed development on the site, along with the block plans of any other existing buildings)
- Details of proposed roofing and cladding materials, if not supplied by Benfield ATT
May require (depending on location of site, existing land use and nature of proposal):
- A number of other items (including – but not limited to – topographical survey showing ground levels and relationship to neighbouring properties, ecology report, flood risk assessment, etc.). These are generally referred to as ‘validation requirements’ and should be confirmed with the Local Planning Authority prior to submission of the application.
For BUILDING REGULATIONS
Building Regulations Plans approval will generally be issued as a ‘conditional approval’, with a list of outstanding items. This allows things like the structural calculations and foundations design to be confirmed at a later stage.
- Site Layout Plan and site location plan, as per Planning.
- Structural calculations. These will be supplied free of charge by Benfield ATT if and when the structure is purchased from ourselves, but since they are specific to the design (size of structural members and connections used) of each manufacturer’s product, it is impossible to provide them prior to purchase of the kit. If you subsequently order a garage kit form someone else other than Benfield ATT, they will need to supply structural calculations specific to their product.
May require (depending upon site conditions, design and proposed use of building):
- Foundations design (which will be site specific)
- Drainage details, including details of any existing drain or sewer that it is necessary to connect to.
- Details of proposed cladding or roofing materials, if not supplied by Benfield ATT.
- SAP calculations and/or U-value calculations (particularly if building is to be used as ‘habitable’ accommodation).
- Ground report (usually dealt with by site inspection of foundations excavations, but may be required in case of specialist foundations design).
Still have questions?
Send us your enquiry and we’ll answer just as soon as we can. Alternatively call us on +44 (0)1291 437 055 and one of our friendly team will help you[contact-form-7 id=”803″]